Disaster Risk ReductionIntroduction
AVI MUMBAI MUNICIPAL CORPORATION
DRR (Disaster Risk Reduction INNOVATION CHALLENGE
Student Innovation & Prototype Competition in Disaster Management
Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation and United Nations Development Programme is organizingInnovation & Prototype Competition in Disaster Management for Students pursuing studies in Engineering Colleges (Diploma & Degree). The main objective of the Innovation Challenge for Disaster Risk Reduction is to nurture the creative and innovative potential of young people to address the challenge in reducing the risk of disasters. The Engineering Colleges from Navi Mumbai, Panvel, Thane and Mumbai region can participate in this competition.The technological solution can be related to address the risks of any kind of disasters in the city including flood, landslide, Fire, Industrial/Chemical Accident, Road Accidents, Earthquake, Heat Waves, Droughts, Environmental Hazards such as Pollution of Air, Water & Land and Climate Change issues.
Objective of the Challenge
The aim of this competition is to fund collaborative technological solutions that address one or more of the following challenges:-Hazard monitoring, Early warning system, Search and rescue equipment's, Artificial intelligence in Disaster Management, Crowd Sourcing, Big data management, Electronics and communication systems, Geospatial applications, Information Technology for disaster preparedness and response, Software development for disaster management institutionalization and response, Disaster response tools for Fire & Rescue Department, Disaster Utility services, Disaster resilient structures, Mobile Applications, Individual and public safety.
Last Date of Proposal Submission : 5th May 2018
1. Must be a student of Engineering College, Pursuing Diploma or Engineering.
2. Application can be submitted either in team or individual capacity
3. Application along with proposal must be duly approved by the principal of corresponding colleges
4. Engineering Colleges from Panvel, Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Thane can participate in this competition.
5. The innovations should preferably be cost-effective solutions.
6. Though there is no limit for number of applications/proposals from each college, each participant can submit only one proposal
7. The innovations should be addressing the issues/ or related to following thematic areas:-Disaster Risk reduction/ Resilient City/Climate Change
Detailed Proposal duly approved by the principal of respective college must be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. before 5th April, 2018. On submission; participant will receive a confirmation email. If confirmation email is not received within 3 days kindly contact the Disaster Management Department, Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation at 022-27567060/61/62
A Committee of Experts will go through each of the entries and will select 10 proposals based on the criteria mentioned.
Selection criteria will be as per the following
Creativity of the Concept
Applicability in Disaster Management
Shortlisted 10 proposal will receive Rs.50000/- as seed money for developing prototypes.